The Tank - 1.1

People often ask why I work full time and then teach 3 days a week before work and 1 day after work at Cal Poly, San Luis Obipo (California Polytechnic State University). I do it because I LOVE teaching and giving back, it's fun, and the BioResourse and Agricultural Engineering Department has one of the best shops between LA and San Francisco. So one night after work we (my buddy and co-worker Matt, who can never get enough time in the shop) and I cut out and formed the tank. Then another night we (Me, Matt and my buddy Jeff who welded the tank for me) went back to the shop to finish the tank, and make the brackets for the FPHE. To keep the WVO from sloshing around in the fuel tank we added 2 baffels in the tank. Here are some pictures of the tank, and of the shop.


















1 comment:

jake said...

That tank is AWESOME!

Mine was one of my first welding projects... and looks it!