Let the journey begin - History

I first got into WVO (waste vegetable oil) in about 2004. My primary motivation was the fact I'm a bit of a tree hugger and I want to do my part. Now that diesel is $5+/gal here in San Luis Obispo, CA it's become quite a financial benefit too. My first venture was a 1983 Mercedes 300D Turbo. I converted the car using a kit from greasecar.com. The car ran so well on WVO that I wanted to get a newer car.




I looked around and set my sights on a 1999 Mercedes E300D. The only problem was I couldn't find one in California. So on 12/6/06 I flew to North Carolina and drove home my new (used car).


I was hoping to convert the car with a kit from Frybird.com (in my opinion the best kit out there) but after over a year and a half of waiting I've decided to take matters into my own hands. I figured that if couldn't convert my car on my own that Cal Poly should come to my house and take my masters degree in mechanical engineering away from me.

Much of my plumbing information came from Jake's blog (see link at the bottom of the page)


No comments: